Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Call From God knows No Boundaries

 Me? God called ME? To minister?? Yep, He sure did! Me. A sinner. And it scared me to death. Read on to see how....
  Hey, Folks. My name's Jay, and I'm a sinner. But, in a strange twist of fate one day, about 5 years ago I gave in to Jesus. My life had taken so many turns and left me a washed up drunk, addicted to pills and weed. My 3rd wife had left me. I'd just watched my father die of dementia over that last year. I couldn't stay sober long enough to go to work. My friends had grown weary of my drunken rants and weepy stories of failure. Most of them were long gone from my life. I was ready to die. But in one last attempt to save myself, I agreed to go into rehab. It was there that I found God again,(and it was the last place I had expected to find Him). Over the next few years though, I began to see that He had never been lost! He'd been right there waiting patiently since I walked away from the church in 2003.
Over the next few years, as I began to trust in Him, my life began to turn around. Of all things, it was a bunch of Bikers who rallied around me and showed me the true meaning of Family. These guys and girls became my brothers and sisters, and remain in a special place in my heart, now and forever. It was there that I saw God doing His Finest work! And, slowly, I began to understand these things called Hope, Faith, and Love.   AND Then. And THEN... God spoke to my heart. I heard His voice reverberating through my soul. HE told me that I had a story to tell. A story of hope, shown to others through this story of my failure(s). And, He flat-out told me to preach it from the pulpit. Man, you talked about someone who got scared. That was me. Me! The guy who is scared of public speaking. Me! The guy who just barely holds it all together some days. Me, an alcoholic/addict, long-haired hippy, tattooed, former devil-dog fightin' Marine, wanna-be redneck, Rocker musician, leather and dew-rag wearin' biker. Me? I wondered if God had just made his first mistake... Thank Him, He didn't...
   So. what is this blog all about? It's about Hope, when all hope seems to be lost. It's about an ongoing journey with the Lord, as we start a church together. Once it becomes official, it will be called Christ's Church of Hope. It is a non-denominational church, specifically aimed at people who have lost their way in Life. It's for the oppressed, those in emotional pain and despair, and those who are or were imprisoned, be they locked up in jail or in their hearts and lives.
 Along the way, I will share with you some of the lessons Jesus has taught me, and some He is still trying to teach me. But, the greatest message I wish to express is this one of hope. By early 2008, I had absolutely lost everything I valued in my life, except the love I felt from my dear mother and my precious 13 year old son, at the time. I thought God had forgotten and left me, too. But, I came to learn that He had never gone anywhere! I had simply refused to open my heart to Him. But, when I finally did, wow, did my life change! And, I believe that God has directed me to bare all my sins, my failures, and my pains, to help others, maybe even you, come to understand that hope is NOT lost! I will tell you though, that there is only one way to find it. IT is through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Only He can lead us to our father in Heaven, and fill us with the awesome, beautiful, guiding power of the Holy Spirit.
 Stay tuned. Sign on. Come along and find out how God gave me my life back, then turned it into something that I had never dreamed could be so full of joy and peace, even in the toughest moments. Life is tough, folks. There will always be bills to pay and struggles to overcome, as long as we walk this earth. But, with and through the love and hope we put in Jesus, He will walk with and lead us through every valley we trudge through, and He will be the foothold that helps us climb to each mountain-top.  (And, by the way, that 3rd ex wife? She's now my 4th wife. God brought us back together and made us one, through Him, this time.) I love you, my sweet princess, Leine. Thank you for your love and support.

 So, come on, brothers and sisters. Let's walk together, with HIM leading us. It's an awesome road, when we let Him lead...

Peace to All y'all,
                     Brother Jay

2 comments: